With the most recent versions of iOS, when you import photos using iTunes import/sync or iCloud sync it will convert your transparent PNG file to a non-transparent JPG file. We reported the issue to Apple.
Until they resolve the bug use AirDrop, or download your PNG images from a weblink to get the transparent PNG file onto your device rather than sharing through iPhoto.
You can confirm that your file has been converted by pressing edit on the image on your device from the Apple Photos app (see below) If the background turns black then transparency has been maintained. If it stays white then the image has been converted to a JPG file.
If none of the above helps retrieve the transparency, consider using online software for background removal or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you with this.
Converted to JPG:
PNG isn't automatically transparent, you have to manually remove the background and then export the file using your image editing software before the background will actually be transparent.How do I make a PNG logo with a transparent background? ›
- Open a blank canvas in PicMonkey.
- Click Background color in the Background Tools menu and select the Transparent box.
- Add your text, logo, or image and adjust as desired.
- Download as a "PNG image" — boom, no background!
Find the "Background Remover" in the tools menu on the left. Then, upload or drag and drop your logo from your computer. Fotor will remove background from logo automatically. Resize, rotate, and crop your logo, or add a new background if needed.Why is my PNG logo showing up with a white background iPhone? ›
iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) running iOS version 13+ do not support transparent backgrounds. The resulting image will appear with an opaque white background instead. You can work around this by uploading the full-resolution file in its original format.How do I change the background of a PNG image? ›
- Click on the "Change PNG Color Now" button to start your color replacement operation.
- Upload the PNG you want to change the color of.
- Click the "Background Remover"tool, and select "Common Cutout" or "Portrait Cutout" as needed.
- Wait for Fotor's tool to make your PNG background transparent.
- Open the Fotor photo editor and upload your PNG image.
- Find the "AI Enlarger" tool and apply it, Fotor will increase the resolution and quality of your image within seconds.
- Download your high-quality image in JPG or PNG format.
They're a higher quality version of jpg files. Is a PNG logo transparent? Yes, a PNG logo is transparent and ideal for use in any digital or editorial purpose. GIF – GIFs can also support transparent backgrounds.Can PNG handle transparent background? ›
They also support opacity and transparency. Because PNGs can have transparent backgrounds, designers can layer them on different backgrounds and the backgrounds will show through. This makes the PNG format an excellent choice for utility assets.Why does my logo have a white background? ›
You can confirm that your file has been converted by pressing edit on the image on your device from the Apple Photos app (see below) If the background turns black then transparency has been maintained. If it stays white then the image has been converted to a JPG file.How do I remove the white background from my logo in Canva? ›
To remove your background with Canva, simply:
Click on the Edit Image button on the top toolbar. Next, select 'BG Remover' on the left side panel that appears. Then, click 'Erase' to remove the background. After clicking 'Erase', like magic, the background will disappear.
There are plenty of options to remove a white background without Photoshop. These include iMyFone MarkGo, PIXLR, Clipping Magic, PhotoScissors, and even Word, paint, Publisher, and PowerPoint. All of these have different advantages, but iMyFone MarkGo is the best and easiest to remove the white background.How do I make a PNG transparent on iPhone? ›
- Tap to select an image, shape, text box, line, arrow, drawing, or video, or select multiple objects.
- Tap .
- For a drawing, tap Drawing, then drag the Opacity slider; for any other item, tap Style, then drag the Opacity slider.
Click the Direct Selection tool (arrow) or Object and then click Expand in the dropdown menu. This will bring up the anchor points in your Vector and convert it into a shape. Click on and select the background parts you want to get rid of. Press Delete.What resolution should PNG be? ›
Ideal screen image resolution (detail an image holds) is 72 pixels per inch. If an image is less than 72ppi, it will appear fuzzy (what we call pixelated).How do I edit a PNG without losing transparency? ›
Providing the image you have created / have been working on is transparent in the first place, using the "Resize" or "Resample" tools in any major image editing package (e.g. PhotoShop, PaintShop Pro and so on) should not affect (or lose) the transparency at all.Should PNG be transparent? ›
An important benefit, and oftentimes deciding factor for using a PNG file, is that–unlike a JPG–they support transparency. This allows you to have a transparent background around an irregular-shaped object and avoid a white (or other colored) box outlining your image.How do I make a PNG transparent for free? ›
- Upload Image. click Upload Image to load a picture. Alternatively, drag and drop the photo or paste the image URL.
- Make Transparent PNG. It automatically scan your image and erase the background. ...
- Download PNG Photo. Satisfied with the edits?
Transparency. The GIF and PNG formats also both support transparency. If you need any level of transparency in your image, you must use either a GIF or a PNG. GIF images (and also PNG) support 1-color transparency.How do I make a PNG image transparent in my computer? ›
Double-click the picture, and when Picture Tools appears, click Picture Tools Format > Color. Click Set Transparent Color, and when the pointer changes, click the color you want to make transparent.Is A PNG logo transparent? ›
The benefit of PNG images is that they have the capability for transparency. Use the remove background tool to create a transparent background for an image, headshot, or logo, which you can then place into a variety of new designs and destinations.
- Background Eraser.
- Ultimate Photo Blender/Mixer.
- Transparent Photo Frames.
- Adobe Photoshop Mix.
- Apowersoft BG Remover.
For example, if you are using Google search, you would type in the image name, followed by PNG, then click on “Images.” After taking you to the images, look for the “Tool” option right under the search bar. It will open up a sub-menu where you will find “Color.” Select “Transparent” in the “Color” drop-down menu.Why is my PNG image not transparent in Photoshop? ›
Go to the Properties panel (if it's not open, you can go to Window > Properties), and under Artboard background color, change the dropdown menu to Transparent.How do I remove the white background from an image in design? ›
You just select your object. Now go to the Object>Clipping Path>Option Now from this window change your Type Click drop down menu select Detect Edges. But it is a simple clipping path to remove a background from an image in InDesign.How do I change the background of my logo in Canva? ›
From the editor side panel, click Background. If you don't see it, click Apps first. Click on a color tile below the search bar to apply it to your design. To pick a new color, click the palette icon, and then the Add a new color tile.Does Canva still have background remover? ›
Removing image backgrounds on the editor
Click on the image you want to edit. On the toolbar above the editor, click Edit image. From the side panel, click BG Remover. Wait for the background to be processed.
Once you're done editing, you need to ensure you've selected the right format in which to save your image. If you want to save your new image with its transparent background, choose either TIFF, PNG, or GIF formats. These formats support image transparency.How do I get rid of the white around a picture? ›
AI-Powered White Background Remover
With Fotor, you can remove white background and make it transparent in just seconds. Simply upload your image and Fotor will automatically identify the subjects in your image and change white background to transparent for you.
First, click the button "Make PNG Now" to get started, and upload your picture. Then find the Background Remover tool at the left tool menu and click it. You can choose Common Cutout or Portrait Cutout as needed. Fotor will automatically convert your image into a transparent PNG within seconds.How do I remove a white background from a logo in Photoshop? ›
- Pick your photo. Open your image in the Layers panel and unlock the layer.
- Click to remove. In the Properties panel, click Remove Background under Quick Actions.
- Refine your edges. ...
- Replace your background. ...
- Move it to the back.
- Upload Image. Click the Upload Image button. or drag and drop your JPG image to the area.
- Remove Image Background. Media.io AI technology will erase the. background from your image automatically.
- Download Result Image. You will get an HD transparent PNG background.
- Step 1: Open your photo with Photoshop. Click the Open… ...
- Step 2: Select tab > Select and Mask. ...
- Step 3: Isolate the parts you want to delete. ...
- Step 4: Applying the Mask. ...
- Step 5: Change photo background to white. ...
- Step 6: Save your image.